Dr. Eshanov, a family chiropractor in Montclair recommends MINT!
Mint, properly known as Mentha piperita or Mentha spicata has many health benefits. This plant may be raised in many types of climates so long as there is adequate sunlight and water. Mint contains menthol, menthfuan, a-pinene, limonene, cardinene, isovaleriana, vitamin C, and various antibiotic substances. Lets take a look at some of the benefits of mint.
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Stomach infections
- Stimulation of digestion of fats (due to the stimulation of biliary secretions)
- Asthma, bronchitis, and respiratory infections (because menthol has antispasmodic and sedative properties, it is also a vasodilator)
- Relieve symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the muscles in and around the intestine
- Act as a powerful antioxidant, protecting the body against the formation of cancerous cells
- Inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungus
- Ease and unblock the breathing and respiratory passages and airways
- Relieves the symptoms of colds and flu
- Mint can help with nasal allergies
- It can relieve congestion, head colds and headaches
- Helps to treat minor burns, itching and skin irritations due to its cooling effect
- Mint is a cleanser of the blood
- Mint tea helps clear up skin disorders such as acne
Mint leaves may be put into a blender when making a smoothie, can be made into a tea, or can be used to cook/bake with. There are many recipes and many uses for mint, experiment and find one that works for you!
(If you are looking through various Montclair chiropractors, we suggest you take the time to get to know more about Dr. Gary Eshanov and his practice. The doctor is a Montclair chiropractor located in the heart of Montclair, NJ- Church Street. The practice, Eshanov Chiropractic, offers patients gentle chiropractic care, clinical nutrition, and physical therapy. On staff is Crystal Eshanov, RYT-500 Level Yoga instructor.)