STRESS is all around us, both physical/psychological and it can affect:
- blood pressure
- heart problems
- IBS and other gastroenterological problems
- alcohol and substance abuse
- weight gain
- and much more…
Fortunately there are ways to significantly reduce your stress. Undertake a workout program- lifting weights, walking, running, etc. Breathing exercises and visualization may also be employed for stress reduction- first get into a comfortable position, then close your eyes, breathe in- hold- breathe out…repeat. While doing the breathing exercise, visualize something you enjoy, or a place you like. Meditate, focus solely on the breath and try to clear your mind of negativity. Also, you can try aromatherapy and/or massage. All of these are great for reducing stress…but what about managing your stress? Stress management is a bit different.
In order for you to manage your stress try doing the following:
- Say “NO” to things/situations that you don’t agree with or want to do
- Avoid negative people and people who you know bring stress to your life- learn to detach from friends/family that cause you stress
- Take control of your environment and change things to make your environment accommodate your comfort level
- Avoid controversial topics/discussions with those who don’t agree with you
- Express yourself if you disagree with something
- Try to remember that compromise is important
- Re-assess the “problem” and try to find the positive aspect in a situation- remember this- In the face of every adversity lies an opportunity!
- Learn to forgive
- and most important…LEARN TO FORGET!
(If you are searching for Montclair chiropractors, consider Dr. Gary Eshanov. The doctor, is a family chiropractor and treats patients with many different conditions. First time patients are provided with a consultation allowing patients to raise questions and concerns relating to their health. The office is located on Church Street, in Montclair, NJ, minutes away from Cedar Grove, Verona, Bloomfield, Little Falls, and Glen Ridge. To schedule a consultation go to www.MontclairChiropracticCenter.com or call (973) 900-2660. Remember…Dr. Eshanov also keeps Saturday hours for those who are unable to make it during the work week.)