If you are looking for a great vegetable to juice with, choose kale! Here are 7 great reasons:
- Kale has cancer fighting properties- antioxidants, such as carotenoids, flavonoids, sulforaphane, and indole-3-carbinol
- Kale has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and is great for cardiovascular support
- Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods
- Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food (0ne cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to fight against arthritis, asthma, and various autoimmune disorders)
- Kale has high levels of sulfur which helps to detoxify the body
- Kale is high in vitamin-K- 100 g provides 700% of recommended intake (Vitamin K is important for bone formation and strengthening, limiting neuronal damage in the brain, and has an established role for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Kale is high in di-indolyl-methane (DIM),which is a metabolite of indole-3-carbinol an effective immune modulator, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral agent through its action of potentiating interferon-Gamma receptors.
Eshanov Chiropractic in Montclair (NJ) provides patients with chiropractic care, physiotherapy, clinical nutrition and yoga.
If you or someone you know is looking for a highly recommended chiropractor, we encourage you to read the testimonials for our family chiropractor in Montclair, NJ, Dr. Gary Eshanov.